Monday, November 23, 2009

What A SCARE!


Sometimes things happen when you least expect them to. My beautiful baby received her 6 month old shots and regular check up a week ago from today, which was last Monday.  Since she was of age, I was recommended for her to also receive the regular flu shot as well as the H1N1 vaccine. I am skeptical of the H1N1 vaccine for a baby as young as her, because it wasn't proven to not cause any side effects yet from it still being in the trial stages, currently. I am very nervous to give her that vaccine, so I let her get the regular flu shot vaccine, which I give to my other 2 children every year as well. I feel that the testing stages for that vaccine isn't over and she is already going through enough complications with her Club Feet and I don't want her to go through any more additional problems. Don't get me wrong, I respect those people out there who agree to give their children the H1N1 vaccine, it's just not for me right now. That's a whole other subject of posting.



When the evening came about, me and my husband was having a conversation about things.  All of a sudden, my husband says the baby feels hot.  He was holding her, like always (SMILE) :}.  I really didn't take it too seriously, as yet, because my husband tends to find anything and everything that is microscopic to the eye on our children. If it's a tiny speck of whatever and not naked to the eye, he will spot it on them.  I won't see it, but he will.  Her being so young, at 6 months old, I double checked and took her temperature anyhow, and it was 103 degrees.  I couldn't believe what I saw, because all of a sudden this happened.  I thought the thermometer was broken or something.  I took out another thermometer that I never used and took her temperature for a second time, and it turned out to be the same.


With no second thought, I got me and the baby dressed very quickly and drove to the Emergency Room. I learned while having two other children that if the temperature reaches 100 degree and over, take them to the Emergency room, no matter what. I couldn't get there fast enough, but at the same time I had to concentrate on getting there safely.  Even though it was only 25 minutes away it felt like forever, I wanted to know what was wrong with my baby, because she was perfectly fine earlier.

My first baby, who is my son, which is 11 years old now, was in a similar situation when he was 10 months old and he had a 104 temperature.  I wanted to rush him to the Emergency Room, and his grandmother told me not to take him, because according to her, he would be okay and it was just a cold virus or something. Me knowing her and all, I know she didn't attend Medical School and graduated to become a Doctor. I knew something was seriously wrong with him, because he seemed lethargic, and his eyes were looking droopy. Utilizing my common sense, I took him anyway, and Thank God I did, because a little bit of pneumonia was starting in his lungs. The doctors took a chest x-ray and caught it, and he had to start antibiotics right away.  If I would have listened to my son's grandmother, and not have taken him, who knows what the outcome would have been. She is even a mother, and it's surprising that she would give another mother such thoughtless advice.

Usually the Emergency Room would be packed or have a moderate amount of patients there, WAITING. It was, literally, empty, to my amazement, not kidding. You would expect, usually, to stay and wait in the Emergency Room for hours and hours before being seen by the Triage nurse.  I wanted it to be an in and out situation, not just sitting there waiting with a baby being so young. Having a temperature so high, the doctors would want to see her as soon as possible anyway. It was already after 11pm when I got there.
With all of that stress and worry, wanting to know what was wrong with her, she turned out to be okay,

Thank God.  With a fever of 103 degrees, it's expected to be an infection in the body somewhere, and the immune system is fighting off the intruder, is what I was informed loooong ago.  In my baby's case, it was just the effects that occur sometimes after receiving immunization shots. That didn't really come to my mind until the nurse mentioned that to me in the Emergency Room. My other two children didn't have any effects after receiving there immunization shots, so I expected the same for my baby. Every child is different in every aspect of situations, though.

The doctor informed me that it wouldn't be normal if the fever lasted for more than 2 days or so.  That's when you know it could be something more than just a fever from immunizations, more like an infection.  In addition, as soon as one of the nurses gave my baby the fever reducer, anally, her fever went down real quickly. I wasn't aware that, depending on the age of the baby, they can receive medication anally. Even though I have two other children, I learn something new everyday, even though I am a parent for the third time.

Her fever going down as quickly as it did, was an indication that it wasn't anything serious to worry about, from the doctors advice. You're never too old to learn.  I feel so Blessed to have her, and that she turned out okay.  

privacy policy/disclaimer




Opinions About My Blog


I have to say Thank You to you all out there that took the time to vote about my new Blog. To give your opinions about the new Layout/Design; If I need to add more content/pics; If I am sticking to the objective or is my Blog just fine the way it's rolling now?

Even though the poll closed on the blog, I am still open for comments or suggestions, because I am still learning. In order for me to know that or if I am reaching others with my precious baby's story, is to receive constructive criticism from others who have experience. I learn as I go, thanks again and God Bless you all.



LAYOUT/DESIGN

The lady that designs these Templates, and more Designs for your website/blogs her name is Heather. I browsed, thoroughly through her website Butter Fly Girl ms Blog Designs, and she has some beautiful designs to choose from.

I was searching the sites for a new Theme Template for my Blog. Something that will have the relevancy or the feel of my topic.  The template that I have now is from:









5 comments:

  1. Hi friend, visiting you again. I'm quiet surprise with the changes. Like your layout's theme and your header :)

    Maybe you could lessen the px of your margin in your layout so your widgets (like about me, followers, etc) will come up on your right side bar. Got the same problem with my chocolate heaven blog (www.mchpampanga.blogspot.com) before, good thing I was able to fixed it.

    Hope you and your baby are doing fine.

    Ness from www.inbetweenbreaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is doing great thank you. Thank you for the compliment on my Layout changes. I tried to choose the best template from a great website, http://butterflygirlmsblogdesigns.blogspot.com/. Her name is Heather and she has created some beautiful templates to choose from. Otherwise, how are u and your kids, may God Bless those beautiful girls of yours. How would I go about changing the margin px in my Layout? I would appreciate the info.

    P.S. I also have another Blog about me and my experiences in my life: http://naturallysearchingforme.blogspot.com, tell me your opinions on it. I saw your additional Blogs and I wonder how you find the time to manage such creative, inspirational blogs and maintaining a business. You are someone to look up to and idle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there again... to edit the width, you can go to the Dashboards > Layout > Edit HTML.

    From there you can adjust the width of your main wrapper (this is where your post appears) and your sidebar wrapper (this is where your widgets are being displayed). You can play around with the numbers. But be sure that you have backed up or saved a copy of your template. If anything goes wrong, you can just re-upload your previous template. For your template, I suggest you adjust the width of your main wrapper to give way to your side bar.

    Hope this helps! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks again for your help. I know that this change will bring more room to my Blog. I will do this to my other Blog as well. In addition it will make the Blogs more functional. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you For Visiting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Legitimate work at home employment

Help A Child be able to Walk

Top Free Sites

For Baby

Join Me on Facebook

Instagram