Thursday, November 19, 2009

Recent Pics of my Angel





Here is a recent picture of my Pride and Joy when she was like 4 months old. As you can see here, she is wearing one cast. It was on both of her legs at first, but the right cast fell off when we got home.

Here is the scenario, I just brought her back home from the orthopedic. It wasn't even a couple of hours, let alone an hour, and the cast fell off. This was like the third time this happened in the span of a month and a half, and mind you, I had two take her every two weeks for a re-casting.

Can you imagine, during that time, when I had to go back and forth to the Children's Emergency Room with her to put on a new cast? It wasn't easy, but it had to be done. Her regular Orthopedic is only available at certain times. These crazy times kept happening at the wrong time, unexpectedly. Only to her right leg. Me and my husband thought it was a sign from her letting us know that she doesn't want this "thing" on her leg, that weighs a ton. They were heavy.

It seemed like she didn't like the casting, in the beginning. She became used to it after a while. I really didn't like to see her go through any pain. She is so small and precious, I just wanted to feel the pain for her. It's better to do it now than later anyway.




 This is her Dobbs Bar brace she had to start wearing from 4 months old. At first she was crying, but she became used to them after a while, because it has to stay on her feet for 23 hours a day, everyday until 6 months old. On going, it will only be placed on her feet during naps and in the evening when its bed time.






The Orthopedics instructions about  leaving the Dobbs Bar brace on for 23 hours a day, was grueling in the beginning for me. I wanted, oh so bad to take that restriction feeling away from her. She is such a happy baby that loves to play, and I felt that it would make her feel a certain way, and not fully, HAPPY, like I enjoy her to be.

You know what? It wasn't about me. It was about her being able to walk when she is supposed to like we want. I had to moderate my thoughts and be more stronger than I was thinking at that moment for her benefit. The earlier you get treatment, the better is the outcome. Nothing is easy that is worth something, and she is worth more than our words can explain.


More information on the Dobbs Bar can be found at these two websites: http://www.dobbsbrace.com/, where you can see a video as well, literally on a baby.

This is another website with a news article, talking about the Dobbs Bar: http://www.oandp.com/articles/news_2008-02-27_12.asp.




privacy policy/disclaimer




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you For Visiting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Legitimate work at home employment

Help A Child be able to Walk

Top Free Sites

For Baby

Join Me on Facebook

Instagram