Friday, October 16, 2009

Just Another day of thoughts

Growing so Fast

My precious baby is such a blessing to me that when I look at her I couldn't have been so lucky to have her, because she makes me realize that I am blessed. She is starting so sleep through the nights now that she is 5 months old. In addition she started to eat solids at 4 months old, so she had more of a full stomach than just drinking milk. It seemed that from the start, milk just wasn't enough for her. It seemed like every hour and a half, she wanted another bottle. She was wearing me and my husband out every night.

She started to sleep a little through the night when she was two and a half months old. That gave us a little rest. I stay home with the children while my husband goes to work. He is Self-Employed, so he doesn't have to be to work from 9-5, but he does have a contract with whom he works for. So, throughout the day, I am with the children home everyday. After a while it just felt like the walls were literally closing on my everyday, because it was the same routine everyday.

I love my children, don't get me wrong, I just felt like I needed something to do for myself to feel some sort of fulfillment towards something or some sort of goal to accomplish. That's one of the reasons why I decided to blog down my feelings into the world, because I am sure I am not the only one in this world feeling this way. Everyone needs some sort of fulfillment, from the everyday struggle we go through.

Not getting off the subject of my precious Miracle, I just had to let those particular feelings out. We named our precious baby girl, Shandi. We decided on that name from a listing of African names we saw on a website, which I can't remember. We also chose that name, because it is very eclectic, different, really not heard, as far as our knowledge. We feel it fits her as well as her personality perfectly. My other two children also has names really never heard of or that it's just rare.

Eating habits


One thing that I can say about my children, is that they have a healthy appetite. I try to feed them the best cooking as possible. That includes a rarity of eating out and going to fast food restaurants. I like to cook, as well, that is one of my hobbies that I enjoy. I love to see how my family feels after a nice warm home-cooked meal.

I started to feed my baby girl single-grain cereals for her age. They first have to start off eating single-grain rice, barley, and oatmeal cereals. Once they master those, then they move up to the whole-grain, then multi-grain. She is also eating 1st foods now as well, which I am feeding her the fruits of all kinds and vegetables.
Oh my God! You all should see her face of excitement when she sees her bottle or the bowl of her warm cereal. She starts to move her legs and arms all over the place, and if I am holding her and I am making her bottle or cereal, I would have to stop every once and a second,  because I would have to hold her back. 

For her age of 5 months, she is so intelligent and very alert towards people.  Is aware of her food, especially when she sees it. Has such a healthy appetite and tries to hold her bottle when she is drinking it. She knows that is her milk and bottle by the way she just grabs it with such strength and authority. When I am feeding her cereal, she just grabs the spoon while I put it towards her mouth, like she is trying to guide me in the right direction or something. Yea, towards her mouth.

When she starts to feel satisfied and full, she starts to look at me and smile, letting me know, "thanks mommy, that hit the spot", and I just feel so happy that I am privileged to feed her and see her so happy and satisfied. It is the best feeling in the world when your children are fed their warm food and the expression of happiness and satisfaction is just draped all over their faces. It's one of the best feelings in the world as a parent.

privacy policy/disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you For Visiting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Legitimate work at home employment

Help A Child be able to Walk

Top Free Sites

For Baby

Join Me on Facebook

Instagram